Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Can not render or export file

My OS is Ventura 13.4.1. and I am running FCP 1.6.5. I am unable to render to a drive that has plenty of room to hold the render. I can not export either. It starts out unbearably slow and then I get an error message saying the render or the export can not be completed. I have tried moving the cache to a different drive and also moving the video files and project file to another drive.

My 15" MacBook Pro has a 2.3 Ghz 8-Core Intel Core i9. I appreciate any advice you may have.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 13.4

Posted on Jun 23, 2023 12:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2023 2:09 PM

Major Issues

These are major issues identified by EtreCheck. Anything that appears on this list needs immediate attention. If you cannot resolve these issues by yourself, contact Apple Support or post a question on the Apple Support Community and include your EtreCheck report.

Time Machine backup out-of-dateThe last Time Machine backup is over 10 days old.ReviewBattery failureYour battery is reporting that it needs to be serviced.ReviewUnsigned filesThere are unsigned software files installed that could be malicious and should be reviewed.ReviewSystem Integrity Protection disabledSystem Integrity Protection is disabled. This computer is at risk of malware infection.ReviewApple security disabledApple security software is disabled. This computer is at risk of malware infection.Review

Solutions to Major issues

You can review your EtreCheck report yourself or seek assistance on an online forum such as the Apple Support Community. You can also use the Power User package to get instructions to help you solve these issues with your Mac.

Instructions will be generated using an online, AI-driven diagnostic engine using information from your EtreCheck report. All personal information will be removed from your report before submitting it to the diagnostic engine.

Please click the Buy button below to purchase the Power User package.

Power User package

One-time purchase; permanent upgradeHelpPrice:USD $17.99 + taxBuyTotal price with tax will be calculated later based on location.

Contact Etresoft

Your purchase will be handled by Paddle.com. You may have to provide Paddle with protected personal and payment information necessary to complete your purchase. This will also disclose your internet protocol (IP) address and other information about your browser and computer to Etresoft. Your IP address is considered protected personal information in some regions. This will only occur if you give your explicit consent.

Similar questions

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 23, 2023 2:09 PM in response to producer_man

Major Issues

These are major issues identified by EtreCheck. Anything that appears on this list needs immediate attention. If you cannot resolve these issues by yourself, contact Apple Support or post a question on the Apple Support Community and include your EtreCheck report.

Time Machine backup out-of-dateThe last Time Machine backup is over 10 days old.ReviewBattery failureYour battery is reporting that it needs to be serviced.ReviewUnsigned filesThere are unsigned software files installed that could be malicious and should be reviewed.ReviewSystem Integrity Protection disabledSystem Integrity Protection is disabled. This computer is at risk of malware infection.ReviewApple security disabledApple security software is disabled. This computer is at risk of malware infection.Review

Solutions to Major issues

You can review your EtreCheck report yourself or seek assistance on an online forum such as the Apple Support Community. You can also use the Power User package to get instructions to help you solve these issues with your Mac.

Instructions will be generated using an online, AI-driven diagnostic engine using information from your EtreCheck report. All personal information will be removed from your report before submitting it to the diagnostic engine.

Please click the Buy button below to purchase the Power User package.

Power User package

One-time purchase; permanent upgradeHelpPrice:USD $17.99 + taxBuyTotal price with tax will be calculated later based on location.

Contact Etresoft

Your purchase will be handled by Paddle.com. You may have to provide Paddle with protected personal and payment information necessary to complete your purchase. This will also disclose your internet protocol (IP) address and other information about your browser and computer to Etresoft. Your IP address is considered protected personal information in some regions. This will only occur if you give your explicit consent.

Jun 25, 2023 4:39 PM in response to producer_man

It sounds like you disabled SIP for some reason and need to re-enable it?

Disabling and Enabling System Integrity Protection | Apple Developer Documentation

Regarding your original problem, how is the external drive formatted that you are attempting to export onto? Apple says only HFS+ or APFS drives are supported. No ExFat, NTFS, etc. Format storage devices for Final Cut Pro, Motion, and Compressor - Apple Support

I would recommend enabling Apple security software in System Preferences. And if you don't have a backup routine, setting up a TimeMachine drive.

Can not render or export file

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.