Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After Update my Apple Watch won’t pair with iPhone

My Apple Watch 6 was working fine but I kept getting the update notification, so did it. After the update, it forced me to unpair and now won’t pair again. I’ve tried a variety of things and it still won’t connect. Can someone help??

Steps I’ve tried:

Started by doing the regular pairing - animation came up, it scanned in the iPhone Watch app. Then when I tried to continue, it said I needed to update. I pressed ‘update’ (in the Watch app) and it popped up saying I had to go to appleid.apple.com and change my password. I did. I then tried process again, and got the same pop-up.

I restarted both my iPhone 11 and Watch. This time, the pairing animation won’t even show, neither does the “i” to do it manually. It just shows the starter screen* and if I click the Watch button it says “please continue set-up on iPhone”. But obviously, without the animation or “i” it can’t even acknowledge the watch.

Both devices are fully charged. Phone is connected to wifi and Bluetooth.

*Starter screen appearance: small Apple, surrounded by a network circle, and around the circle it says ‘38mm Aluminium case . Designed by Apple in California’

Apple Watch Series 3, 6

Posted on Jun 18, 2021 7:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2021 7:24 PM

See all the replies to:

My Apple Watch Series 3 is not updating t… - Apple Community

If you still need help, contact Apple Support.

Similar questions

1 reply

After Update my Apple Watch won’t pair with iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.