Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error 1005F-

Hi, I need some help ASAP.

all of the sudden, my MacBook Air stopped connecting with Wi-Fi. The Wi-Fi simply didn’t work… and my iPhone and IPad were working perfectly with the Wi-Fi. I tried to run the Wi-Fi diagnostic option, but it also didn’t work.

Then I had the idea of clearing the computer and reinstall my macOS, from zero. It didn’t find also any backup, since the computer couldn’t access internet.

but the MacBook still can’t connect with internet, and now it appears to me the message support.apple.com/mac/startup-1005F.

I have checked on apple page and bought a USB adapter for the internet cable to try to make the MacBook work again, but it also doesn’t work. Does anybody have an idea of what is causing this?

the MacBook was perfect. The day before was working perfectly and the next day, the connection simply stopped. Now I don’t know what to do…

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Jun 19, 2021 12:56 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Jun 20, 2021 8:12 AM in response to MarceloCP

Hi MarceloCP,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We're glad you've reached out for help with your MacBook Air. Let's go over all options together.

To determine if your Mac is experiencing an issue with its Wi-Fi components, we recommend following the instructions in this guide to test:

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

If no hardware issue is reported, we can recommend resetting the NVRAM on your MacBook, and then testing further. Here's a guide with the recommended steps to reset the NVRAM:

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

At that point, if you're still seeing the same error message, you'll want to reach out to Apple Support directly to investigate further:

Get Support

Have a great day!

Error 1005F-

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.