Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Match metadata wrong on iPhone

I use iTunes Match to sync the albums from my library on my Mac (running Big Sur) that aren't from Apple Music, and I'm having a problem with how some of those albums show up on my iPhone (running iOS 14.6).

On my Mac, here's how one of those albums looks - it's music from a live U2 concert:

The track names look fine; if you click on one of the songs and View Info, the track details look fine too:

As you can see, the iCloud status is "Uploaded".

When I look at that same album on my iPhone, the artist and album names are correct, but the track names just show my name:

The only explanation I can think of, is that recently to split my library into music for me and music for my other family members, I temporarily put my name into the Groupings field; I have since gotten rid of those Groupings, but it appears that Grouping has somehow overwritten the track names in the iTunes Match metadata.

I have tried removing and re-adding the tracks to my Apple Music Library, and then re-syncing iCloud Music Library, but that hasn't worked. Can anyone think of any way to reset the metadata for these tracks in iTunes Match, so that they appear correctly on my iPhone?

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 19, 2021 6:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2021 6:59 AM

Your name is going to be in the Work field. When this was first introduced it inherited values from Grouping. Select the tracks of the album, get info, tick the Use work and movement checkbox, clear the Work field, untick the Use work and movement checkbox and click OK. Sync.

tt2

Similar questions

3 replies

iTunes Match metadata wrong on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.