iTunes Match not Working for Me

I subscribed to iTunes Match a week or so ago. At first everything seemed to go the way I expected - Match scanned my Music library and matched the majority of my songs, while uploading must of the ones it couldn't match. There are also several songs that are ineligible, etc. but they're not at issue here.

When things first got to what I thought were stabilized, I discovered that several of the smart playlists on my iPhone contained only purchased songs. (I just discovered this late last night and haven't checked "regular" playlists to see if all their songs synced.) I'm not sure this is true for all smart playlists - one of my main playlists has no songs in it and I'm sure many of those songs were purchased at some point.

I also read that Match will not sync smart playlists that refer to another playlist in their rules. That led me to discovering that there doesn't seem to be any way to sort the playlists on my iPhone in the order that they're listed in Music on my Mac. So for example I have all of the music that was recorded by The Mamas and The Papas in a smart playlist on my Mac that's arranged in the order that their albums were released, but on my phone they're in a completely different order. I used to be able to select "copy to play order" but that doesn't seem to be working either.

I'd really like to get this working correctly so I'm open to any suggestions anyone might have. I'm a (very) long-time user of iTunes so I think I know what I'm doing. It's likely some button I neglected to select somewhere. Thanks!!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 28, 2023 10:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2023 4:28 PM

Hi Mike Strohmeyer,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities.

We understand that only your purchase music is showing in your Smart playlists and playlists don't show in correct order on iPhone. With iTunes Match, all songs that meet the parameters of the rules you set are able to be added to your Smart Playlists. Check in your Smart Playlists rules that you did not select for only Purchased music to be added from the dropdown list of options to choose from. You can also delete and re-create the playlist.

Create, edit, and delete Smart Playlists in Music on Mac - Apple Support

There isn't a way to sort the playlists order. You're welcome to provide feedback to Apple.

Product Feedback - Apple

Regards.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 29, 2023 4:28 PM in response to Mike Strohmeyer

Hi Mike Strohmeyer,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities.

We understand that only your purchase music is showing in your Smart playlists and playlists don't show in correct order on iPhone. With iTunes Match, all songs that meet the parameters of the rules you set are able to be added to your Smart Playlists. Check in your Smart Playlists rules that you did not select for only Purchased music to be added from the dropdown list of options to choose from. You can also delete and re-create the playlist.

Create, edit, and delete Smart Playlists in Music on Mac - Apple Support

There isn't a way to sort the playlists order. You're welcome to provide feedback to Apple.

Product Feedback - Apple

Regards.

iTunes Match not Working for Me

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.