Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac needs iTunes uthorised?

So I'm trying to watch a film that I downloaded to my Mac from Apple TV. The film purchased by an apple family member, I downloaded it and it allowed me to watch it offline. However now all of my downloaded films are showing an error message needs authorisation. I have authorised and both via the error message and through account/authorise. It seems to be working with a film that I purchased but isn't working with any films my family has purchased.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Jun 19, 2021 8:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2021 10:40 AM

iTunes (or Music) will need to be authorized to access purchased content using the account and password used to purchase that content. If you have movies that were purchased under different Apple IDs, you may need to authorize the Mac multiple times.

Another option is to turn on sharing for such authorized content. https://www.apple.com/family-sharing/

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 19, 2021 10:40 AM in response to jacklaw1999

iTunes (or Music) will need to be authorized to access purchased content using the account and password used to purchase that content. If you have movies that were purchased under different Apple IDs, you may need to authorize the Mac multiple times.

Another option is to turn on sharing for such authorized content. https://www.apple.com/family-sharing/

Jun 21, 2021 7:30 AM in response to steve626

Hi,

Thanks for the response !

Yeah so we have family sharing fully set up, for example I watch family shared shows on my Apple TV all the time. And the odd thing is I watched a movie that was purchased by another family member and downloaded to my Mac the day before. But the following day it just wouldn’t work at all on films I had downloaded! It was fine for streaming shared shows but not for ones I downloaded ( which was no use as had internet)

When I press authorise to watch and log in,it just shows, already authorised like it’s stuck in a loop!

Mac needs iTunes uthorised?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.