Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

iTunes Movie Download Experience Not the Same on All Computers

I just bought a movie recently from the iTunes Store. The main computer I use for movies uses HighSierra and iTunes 12.8.2. I can download the movie fine, but when I want to watch, iTunes asks me repeatedly to authenticate to the iTunes account. I comply and soon find my self in a repeat loop. Authenticating to the iTunes Account is successful but I am unable to watch the new movie. I have unauthorized my Mac then reauthorized it. It is authorized and I have only one iTunes account. I've also logged out and logged back into my Mac. I can delete the downloaded movie and watch the streamed version only on this Mac. I can watch the same movie on my iPad.

I have a M1 Mac Mini on Ventura 13.3.1. I downloaded the movie there and can watch the download OK from the TV app (v1.3.4.56). I've also tested it on a Windows 10 PC. Downloaded the same movie from my Library. The PC uses iTunes 12.12.8.2. I can watch the new downloaded movie in iTunes Windows.

What's the deal with my first Mac? Why is it unable to play without iTunes bugging me about authorization?

I bought XXX (Vin Diesel, 2002) the same day and it played fine without a hassle on the first Mac.

What has changed at the iTunes Store?

Posted on May 9, 2023 7:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 12, 2023 3:03 PM

I got some security updates and an updated the version of iTunes from the App Store.

I can play that new movie now as a download from the iTunes Store. You could call it fixed.

Here's a screen grab of the updates applied in case someone else comes across this madness -

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 12, 2023 3:03 PM in response to phabe

I got some security updates and an updated the version of iTunes from the App Store.

I can play that new movie now as a download from the iTunes Store. You could call it fixed.

Here's a screen grab of the updates applied in case someone else comes across this madness -

iTunes Movie Download Experience Not the Same on All Computers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.