Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If i put my old apple id password for appstore will it change back?

hey so recently I created a new Apple ID and I didn’t update all apps before I did. When I got my new Apple ID it wouldn’t let me update the apps as it made you put in your old Apple IDs account password. If I put in my old Apple ID password will it change back to the Apple ID or would it just update?

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 19, 2021 5:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2021 5:57 PM

It will just update. But why did you create a new Apple ID? Apple IDs are for life; there is never a need to create a new one. If your email address changes you can just change the address and keep the same account.

You now have 2 Apple IDs to manage, and you will need the old one every time an app is updated.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 19, 2021 5:57 PM in response to emily5689

It will just update. But why did you create a new Apple ID? Apple IDs are for life; there is never a need to create a new one. If your email address changes you can just change the address and keep the same account.

You now have 2 Apple IDs to manage, and you will need the old one every time an app is updated.

If i put my old apple id password for appstore will it change back?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.