Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Alexa says Apple Music is not supported in this device, yet it was working fine prior?

I have a number of Echo Dot 4th generation devices. They all play Apple Music via the skill I have set up, and then suddenly one will not giving me the message “Apple music is not supported on this device”. I have reset, Re enabled, relocated, updated, swapped location of the device but without any lick. Yet my other echo 4 devices on the same network, on the same Amazon and Apple account work without any issue. Hopefully you have a solution….

Posted on Jun 19, 2021 7:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2021 7:45 PM

I just may / perhaps, have found the answer….I think the echo unit had connected to a stronger wifi signal broadcast from my Mac, rather than our homes general wifi that it was originally set up with. I reset the unit, and connected to the original wifi network, and it is working! Well at least currently. Fingers crossed!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 19, 2021 7:45 PM in response to HBMagpie

I just may / perhaps, have found the answer….I think the echo unit had connected to a stronger wifi signal broadcast from my Mac, rather than our homes general wifi that it was originally set up with. I reset the unit, and connected to the original wifi network, and it is working! Well at least currently. Fingers crossed!

Alexa says Apple Music is not supported in this device, yet it was working fine prior?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.