Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Saved a os restore point in itunes. The update failed freezing phone screen showing logo and 20% progress lline. Itunes can't recognize the phone to restore it.

How do I get itunes to restore the iphone SE after the update failed and the phone was left frozen with the progress line showing 20% completion.

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 19, 2021 9:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2021 6:38 AM

I disconnected power to the phone and let the phone battery completely discharge. When I reconnected the phone to a battery source it went into a state asking me to plug it into my computer. Upon plugging it into the computer, I was able to open iTunes and it recognized the iphone giving me the choice of doing an update or restore. I tried the update which again failed, went through the discharge process again, and repeated the power up, plug into the computer process. I then selected restore and that process completed and I was able to restore the iphone to my saved state. It now works well.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 21, 2021 6:38 AM in response to dllace

I disconnected power to the phone and let the phone battery completely discharge. When I reconnected the phone to a battery source it went into a state asking me to plug it into my computer. Upon plugging it into the computer, I was able to open iTunes and it recognized the iphone giving me the choice of doing an update or restore. I tried the update which again failed, went through the discharge process again, and repeated the power up, plug into the computer process. I then selected restore and that process completed and I was able to restore the iphone to my saved state. It now works well.

Saved a os restore point in itunes. The update failed freezing phone screen showing logo and 20% progress lline. Itunes can't recognize the phone to restore it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.