Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing Toolbar in Notes App on iPhone

Hi,

Whenever I create a note and try to add bullet points, I can’t as there is no toolbar for me to click on. I have tried everything: the iCloud or On My iPhone thing, I turned on all the things in keyboard - nothing’s working. It’s disappeared. My iPhone 12 is up to date on the IOS 14.6 as well. I don’t know how to fix it 😞. If anyone knows how to fix this, it’d be helpful if I could know what it is :).

Thank you!

iPhone 12

Posted on Jun 19, 2021 9:58 PM

2 replies

Jun 20, 2021 4:44 PM in response to Grace_540

Greetings Grace_540!

Looks like you are having trouble adding bullet points to your Notes. We want to help get that feature working! To start, can you see the toolbar if you close the keyboard by tapping on the body of the note you are creating? This article shows where it will be located: Create a to-do list with Notes. Also does it appear when you switch the device to landscape mode instead of portrait? Rebooting can often be a great steps for this type of issue as well: Restart your iPhone.

Take care!

Missing Toolbar in Notes App on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.