Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCP - using rec709 in HDR project

Hi,

im still getting to grips with all of this so here goes..

if I shoot 4k HDR footage Rec 2020 colour space etc and use it in a FCP project set up to wide gamut fine, no issues, but what if I have a mixture of hdr and SDR (rec 709) footage? Can I still use sdr footage in my hdr project and will there be any issues on encoding the project?

when viewed on an hdr screen (if the above is possible) will I get a video that simply has a mix of true hdr and sdr footage onscreen?

thanks in advance.

Posted on Jun 21, 2021 6:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2021 6:36 AM

You can mix the two color spaces. What do you intend to deliver, HDR or SDR? If the former, then the SDR clips will need quite a bit of correction. If the latter you should work in an SDR project and use HDR Tools on the HDR media to adjust the color space.

Similar questions

1 reply

FCP - using rec709 in HDR project

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.