Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do you change the photo above your name prior to opening the IMac

How can I change the photo just above my name before logging in to my new IMac?

iMac 27″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Jun 21, 2021 9:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2021 9:35 AM

🍎 > System Preferences > Users & Groups > tap the lock and authenticate to unlock the settings, if necessary > select the user to change in the left column > hover the cursor over the i age and select Edit that appears there > change.

If your new iMac is really running OS X 10.11 and you haven’t done a re-install and preferably a re-install with the newest macOS supported on the iMac, go do that right now first immediately, as you’ll otherwise be chasing old info and old settings and old product purchases from an Apple ID that you probably do not have access to.

Links to some more details, and to the Apple-recommended transfer sequence:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac - Apple Support

How to reinstall macOS - Apple Support

If you’re not sure about which iMac you have and which upgrades are available, post the iMac submodel / year info from 🍎 > About this Mac, and somebody here can look up that info for you.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 21, 2021 9:35 AM in response to Carlton183

🍎 > System Preferences > Users & Groups > tap the lock and authenticate to unlock the settings, if necessary > select the user to change in the left column > hover the cursor over the i age and select Edit that appears there > change.

If your new iMac is really running OS X 10.11 and you haven’t done a re-install and preferably a re-install with the newest macOS supported on the iMac, go do that right now first immediately, as you’ll otherwise be chasing old info and old settings and old product purchases from an Apple ID that you probably do not have access to.

Links to some more details, and to the Apple-recommended transfer sequence:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac - Apple Support

How to reinstall macOS - Apple Support

If you’re not sure about which iMac you have and which upgrades are available, post the iMac submodel / year info from 🍎 > About this Mac, and somebody here can look up that info for you.

how do you change the photo above your name prior to opening the IMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.