Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mac OS Monterey

selecting new Apple ID picture on Mac. I found found and followed instructions but when doing so, when I exit system preferences the picture reverts to the picture the system assigned when setting up Apple ID originally.

can anyone assist? Thank you.

Mac mini, macOS 12.0

Posted on Dec 8, 2021 11:37 AM

4 replies

Dec 8, 2021 1:20 PM in response to Eric Root

thank you for replying.

I will try and be more clear.....in this case, when I am using the word "picture" I am referring to the options to choose from whenever we want to change the "picture" associated with our Apple ID. you know, the one that sits above our name with Apple ID and I know if we have photographs, pictures, saved we can choose from those. in my case, there are no photographs, pictures (I still use a camera) but instead when choosing to "edit" one of these already in place, we are provided with choices such as.....memojis, emojis, suggestions, etc. so when I choose one of these and save it, if I exit system preferences, my new choice is replaced with the one the system assigned with I set up Apple ID I cloud. the new choice will not stay.

what am I not doing so after saving, it remains?

also, as an aside, with the update 15.0.1 then 15.1 on my iPad there is not longer even a choice as to options except photo, which I do not have nor use.

thank you again and please let me know if there is something else I can do so my new choice remains.

mac OS Monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.