Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mouse gets stuck every 4 seconds with my iMac 2019

What can cause my mouse (any type, USB, Magic Mouse etc) to get stuck every 4 seconds?

When I move my mouse around, it will get stuck on the screen for a split second. When this happens, clicking the mouse or trying to move it will not work. I tested this out by continuously moving my mouse and it gets stuck every 4 seconds. I have the Magic Mouse that came with my iMac 2019 system, but I also tried replacing it with another version from my other iMac, but same results. I then tried two different wired USB mice and both had the same issue. It has been this way for almost a year. Since I didn't have Apple Care, I just got use to it, but it becomes annoying for others to use it.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jun 21, 2021 9:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2021 11:35 AM

Try the following: boot into Safe Mode according to Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support and test to see if the problem persists. Reboot normally and test again.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to nearly twice as long as a normal boot as it's doing the following; 

• Verifies your startup disk and attempts to repair directory issues, if needed

• Loads only required kernel extensions (prevents 3rd party kernel/extensions from loading)

• Prevents Startup Items and Login Items from opening automatically

• Disables user-installed fonts 

• Deletes font caches, kernel cache, and other system cache files

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 21, 2021 11:35 AM in response to Coop_Apple

Try the following: boot into Safe Mode according to Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support and test to see if the problem persists. Reboot normally and test again.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to nearly twice as long as a normal boot as it's doing the following; 

• Verifies your startup disk and attempts to repair directory issues, if needed

• Loads only required kernel extensions (prevents 3rd party kernel/extensions from loading)

• Prevents Startup Items and Login Items from opening automatically

• Disables user-installed fonts 

• Deletes font caches, kernel cache, and other system cache files

Mouse gets stuck every 4 seconds with my iMac 2019

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.