Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FaceTime unable to connect to a specific contact

I have the 8th generation iPad (just got it). I tried to Facetime a friend and it wouldn't connect. Then I called another friend and it connected. The friend that I can't connect with tried calling but it just shows "connecting" and won't connect.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jun 21, 2021 3:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2021 6:31 PM

The easiest thing to try would be for both of you to restart your iPads and power cycle your routers. Unplug your router for about 30 seconds and then plug it in again. It might not fix it but it’s not going to hurt anything and it’s a simple troubleshooting step to start off with.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 21, 2021 6:31 PM in response to Help_Issues

The easiest thing to try would be for both of you to restart your iPads and power cycle your routers. Unplug your router for about 30 seconds and then plug it in again. It might not fix it but it’s not going to hurt anything and it’s a simple troubleshooting step to start off with.

Jun 21, 2021 4:23 PM in response to Help_Issues

Help_Issues wrote:

I have the 8th generation iPad (just got it). I tried to Facetime a friend and it wouldn't connect. Then I called another friend and it connected. The friend that I can't connect with tried calling but it just shows "connecting" and won't connect.

Can this person FaceTime with other people? If not, the issue is probably on their end. Do either of you have cellular iPads? If so, can you connect over cellular rather than WiFi? Have you both restarted your iPads? Tried different WiFi networks?

FaceTime unable to connect to a specific contact

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.