You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sunrise/Sunset Complication on Apple Watch no longer works

I have an Apple Watch Series 4 Cellular in conjunction with an iPhone 12 Pro. I recently noticed that the Sunrise/Sunset Complication is no longer displaying a time or even number of hours/minutes until the next Sunrise or Sunset. I have read a number of other posts on this subject and performed all the actions. I have un-paired my watch and re-paired it. I have endured all software versions are up to date and checked Location Services, etc. the Complication still doesn’t work. I have even changed watch face to see if perhaps the problem was specific to a particular watch face but that wasn’t the case. If a resolution can be reached, it would be terrific. Thank you.

Apple Watch

Posted on Jun 21, 2021 4:27 PM

2 replies

Jun 22, 2021 1:09 PM in response to davidgr144

Hey there davidgr144,

It sounds like the Sunset and Sunrise complications on your Apple Watch are no longer working as expected. We also see that you've done a lot of troubleshooting on your own, but the issue persists.

Have you also had a chance to do the following?

• Delete and re-add the complications
  • On the Watch app: Go to Weather > Default City > My Current Location
  • On the Watch app: Go to General > Background App Updates > Weather > "On"

We know that you mentioned Location Services. Did you check this setting for both the iPhone and the Apple Watch?

If so, and the above steps did not resolve the issue, please contact support: Apple Support

Take care.

Jun 22, 2021 6:48 PM in response to chris_g1

I set the Background refresh on the Watch App for Weather as well. I’ve double checked all my location and background refresh settings on my iPhone. I’ve also removed the Complication by replacing it with another. I restarted my watch and re-added the Complication. Same issue. I have to click on the Complication now to show Sunrise or Sunset whereas it was just displayed on the watch face previously.

Sunrise/Sunset Complication on Apple Watch no longer works

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.