You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to replace Apple Pencil Gen 2 from Amazon

Hi.. I purchased Apple pencil Gen 2 few days back for my ipad from Amazon.

Upon delivery I got to know it is not compatible with my ipad(5th Generation)

Is there anyway I can replace this? :(

iPad

Posted on Jun 21, 2021 11:36 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2021 2:12 AM

You will need to seek assistance from the retailer from whom you purchased the incorrect Pencil - in this case, Amazon.

Unless you are making a claim under Apple’s limited one-year product warranty, Apple will not “exchange” products purchased in-error through third-party retailers.

iPad5 does not support Apple Pencil. For future reference, here is link to the full compatibility list for Apple Pencil and iPad:

Apple Pencil compatibility - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 22, 2021 2:12 AM in response to Indushree_shenoy

You will need to seek assistance from the retailer from whom you purchased the incorrect Pencil - in this case, Amazon.

Unless you are making a claim under Apple’s limited one-year product warranty, Apple will not “exchange” products purchased in-error through third-party retailers.

iPad5 does not support Apple Pencil. For future reference, here is link to the full compatibility list for Apple Pencil and iPad:

Apple Pencil compatibility - Apple Support

How to replace Apple Pencil Gen 2 from Amazon

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.