Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch 6 stopped registering outdoor walk towards the exercise ring

I had a 41 min walk today and Apple Watch did not count it as exercise. It shows the outdoor walk but my exercise ring only shows 15 min. I have Apple Watch 6

Apple Watch Series 6, watchOS 7

Posted on Jun 22, 2021 6:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2021 6:45 PM

Read here => Calibrating your Apple Watch for improved Workout and Activity accuracy - Apple Support

and here => Get the most accurate measurements using your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Note: You heart rate and your walking pace must go above a certain rate for it to register as a workout.

3 replies

Jun 26, 2021 1:17 PM in response to Community User

I’m having this same problem. If I Go to watch> workout>workout view>multiple metrics and then pick walk or run, indoor or out, heart rate is grayed out. Under the exercise summary it says heart rate data unavailable. For outdoor cycle or yoga heart rate is not grayed out and those workouts count the minutes for the green ring. This issue started after I updated the ECG watch app

Apple Watch 6 stopped registering outdoor walk towards the exercise ring

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.