Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my mac gives a strange short notification sound every few minutes and i cant find out why

i have a new M1 MacBook Pro and love the machine, but since some time I hear a soft notification sound like every other minute, sometimes few minutes. I already put the Mac in do not disturb but the sounds stays. it sounds a bit as the sound when you enter a key where its not allowed (sorry dont know a better discription) there is no where as far as I can see any line of text that comes with it and I have no clue how to find this by now annoying sound, anyone an idea?

Posted on Jun 23, 2021 7:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2021 12:04 AM

Hi Bluub1970,

Welcome to the Apple Community, where some of us do our best to help each other.

Wondering if this may help:

Click the little Black Apple icon on the left, in the top menu bar, of your Mac

and choose "System Preferences". from the drop-down menu.

In the window that opens, click the Notifications icon (see below)

Click any apps in the list on the left that have "on" under them (unnecessarily?) so you can turn their notifications "off"

(Where it says "allow notifications" (at the top on the right), slide (drag) the button left to turn them off.

(Blue/white button left is on, .... grey/white button right is off)

This will let you check whether or not it is an app that is causing the notification / alert sound.

Hope this works for you,

Else

Please feel free to "Post" here again :)

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 24, 2021 12:04 AM in response to Bluub1970

Hi Bluub1970,

Welcome to the Apple Community, where some of us do our best to help each other.

Wondering if this may help:

Click the little Black Apple icon on the left, in the top menu bar, of your Mac

and choose "System Preferences". from the drop-down menu.

In the window that opens, click the Notifications icon (see below)

Click any apps in the list on the left that have "on" under them (unnecessarily?) so you can turn their notifications "off"

(Where it says "allow notifications" (at the top on the right), slide (drag) the button left to turn them off.

(Blue/white button left is on, .... grey/white button right is off)

This will let you check whether or not it is an app that is causing the notification / alert sound.

Hope this works for you,

Else

Please feel free to "Post" here again :)

my mac gives a strange short notification sound every few minutes and i cant find out why

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.