Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Slow download from Icloud

Hello,

all of my photos/videos are uploaded into Icloud.

however, when I try to access some resource like a video, it takes so much time to download it on a higher version on my phone (for example to be able to see a video).

why Apple don’t do something, offering more reliable and faster servers?

for a 15 sec.video I wait almost 30 min to download the video into my phone. And the internet connection is strong enough!

what can I do in this case?

thank you

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 23, 2021 10:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2021 2:19 PM

“The section "How to download photos and videos from the Photos app" in Download iCloud photos and videos shares how you can have your videos downloaded to your device to have immediate access to your content”

well, I know already how to do that. The problem is, as I said: very slow download, and it happens on photos too. A photo how large can be? Let’s say max 4-5mb. Sometimes when I choose to edit a photo, it tries to download it first, and I still can see that circle “progress bar” loading veeeery slow. Also short videos, even if they are filmed in HD 60 (30 fps), they take a while to download.

Please check again or ask Apple to do something to fix this issue which appears randomly.

other times I see the error “An error occured while downloading the item. Please try again later”.

ok ok, but which error? And what is the root cause of these errors? Are they fixed?

finally, I mention that my internet connection is very good.

thank you!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 24, 2021 2:19 PM in response to M_Alva523

“The section "How to download photos and videos from the Photos app" in Download iCloud photos and videos shares how you can have your videos downloaded to your device to have immediate access to your content”

well, I know already how to do that. The problem is, as I said: very slow download, and it happens on photos too. A photo how large can be? Let’s say max 4-5mb. Sometimes when I choose to edit a photo, it tries to download it first, and I still can see that circle “progress bar” loading veeeery slow. Also short videos, even if they are filmed in HD 60 (30 fps), they take a while to download.

Please check again or ask Apple to do something to fix this issue which appears randomly.

other times I see the error “An error occured while downloading the item. Please try again later”.

ok ok, but which error? And what is the root cause of these errors? Are they fixed?

finally, I mention that my internet connection is very good.

thank you!

Jun 24, 2021 10:36 AM in response to Sorin89

Hello Sorin89,

We understand when you open up a video in your Photos app on your iPhone it takes some time to load. We'd be happy to help.

The amount of time it can take for a video to load from iCloud on your device depends on many things such as the size of the video, the resolution and the speed of your internet. The section "How to download photos and videos from the Photos app" in Download iCloud photos and videos shares how you can have your videos downloaded to your device to have immediate access to your content.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. Have a good one!

Jul 23, 2021 1:37 PM in response to Sorin89

Hi there Sorin89,

No problem! We noticed a few things from your screenshots that we'd like to address, along with ruling out some other possible causes:

1. Please disable Low Power Mode for now, then connect your iPhone to a charger.
  2. We also see that you're using cellular(with a full signal), but does the same issue remain if you connect to a strong Wi-Fi network?
  3. A lot of new OS updates have released recently, including iOS 14.7. As we see you have a compatible model, you can verify the version currently installed within Settings > General > About. Just in case, here's a link that'll show how to first back up, then Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
  4. If you're already up to date, along with testing the other suggestions above, we recommend trying a restart: Restart your iPhone

We look forward to hearing about these details. Take care unit then!

Slow download from Icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.