Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to specify that an email account is to be IMAP on IOS device

My email account is set up as an IMAP account on my Apple laptop. I want to set up email on my iPad for that same account, but i cannot find any place to specify that it is to be an IMAP account.

iPad Air, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 24, 2021 9:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2021 9:50 AM

bobgoldstein wrote:

My email account is set up as an IMAP account on my Apple laptop. I want to set up email on my iPad for that same account, but i cannot find any place to specify that it is to be an IMAP account.

Enter your email settings, Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support there isn't a need to specify it to an IMAP account.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 24, 2021 9:50 AM in response to bobgoldstein

bobgoldstein wrote:

Enter your email settings, Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support there isn't a need to specify it to an IMAP account.

How to specify that an email account is to be IMAP on IOS device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.