Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Netflix on apple tv 4k do not support Dolby Atmos

I have installed Netflix app on apple tv 4k new model 2021 and unable to watch any movie with Dolby Atmos. I have Dolby Atmos sound bar. The apple tv is directly attached to soundbar using hdmi 2.1 cable. But apple tv app contents play with Dolby Atmos. Any help would be appreciated.

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Jun 24, 2021 10:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2021 12:13 AM

I have issue on apple tv 4k alone. The same Netflix account in my TV shows Dolby Atmos audio and works great.

I have connected apple tv 4k directly to the Dolby Atmos sound bar etc. The apple tv + play Dolby Atmos content perfectly.

Only issue with Netflix app on apple tv ie, none of the content show Dolby Atmos. I think it is not recognising the device properly which is capable of playing Atmos.

My badluck to choose apple tv.

Thanks.

Similar questions

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 27, 2021 12:13 AM in response to chris_g1

I have issue on apple tv 4k alone. The same Netflix account in my TV shows Dolby Atmos audio and works great.

I have connected apple tv 4k directly to the Dolby Atmos sound bar etc. The apple tv + play Dolby Atmos content perfectly.

Only issue with Netflix app on apple tv ie, none of the content show Dolby Atmos. I think it is not recognising the device properly which is capable of playing Atmos.

My badluck to choose apple tv.

Thanks.

Jun 27, 2021 12:24 AM in response to nagaraj260

In my case, Dolby Atmos was not appear in the title which have dolby atmos track. It only appear as 5.1. However, I just just play the title and my AVR shown it receive a dolby atmos signal. I don't know much about soundbar. After I play the video, i skip and went back to browse Netflix content, dolby atmos now appear correctly in every title which have dolby atmos track.

Jul 28, 2021 10:33 PM in response to nagaraj260

I had a similar issue- I was able to see Atmos badges on Apple TV +, and not on Netflix, specifically in ATV 4K with OG Homepods connected. I was using a HD TV, not 4K, which is supposed to work regardless. I connected the ATV to an ARC port and also ended up randomly tweaking the video format settings. On enabling a HDR format [like 1080 60Hz HDR] the badge suddenly showed up on Netflix for the content, and the sound does sound different from earlier. Just putting this here hoping it helps anyone facing a similar issue with a non-4K TV.

Jul 29, 2021 4:00 AM in response to nagaraj260

Finally I sold my ATV4K after a month usage. Reason mostly becauss Bluetooth pairing issue with controller and Plex apps audio sync issue. After O read in forum, I realize those issue not solved by apple by a long time and I'm not willing to wait for them to release an update. Now I'm migrate to Nvidia Shield.

Sep 7, 2021 5:21 PM in response to c_a_n

I tried your fix. Temporarily setting my tv’s video output to 1080p 60 hz HDR and then quitting and reopening the Netflix app on my Apple TV 4K 2021 caused the atmos logo to show up in the Netflix app again.

I have two 2018 HomePods connected in a stereo pair for Dolby Atmos. I think my TV being 1080 p, not Dolby Vision, not HDR for some reason confused the apps like Netflix.

Netflix on apple tv 4k do not support Dolby Atmos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.