Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I get Photo Stream to work on my desktop Mac mini

The following are ticked in my Photos setup:

iCloud Photos ✓

Download Originals to this Mac ✓

My Photo Stream ✓

But in spite of being ticked, Photo Stream is not working so the pictures I take on my iPad do not show up on my Mac Mini desktop.

Thank you.

Mac mini, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 24, 2021 10:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2021 10:55 AM

gayleen7 wrote:

iCloud Photos ✓
My Photo Stream ✓

But in spite of being ticked, Photo Stream is not working so the pictures I take on my iPad do not show up on my Mac Mini desktop.

Thank you.

see here If My Photo Stream isn't updating - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 24, 2021 10:55 AM in response to gayleen7

gayleen7 wrote:

iCloud Photos ✓
My Photo Stream ✓

Thank you.

see here If My Photo Stream isn't updating - Apple Support

Jun 24, 2021 11:14 AM in response to gayleen7

If you are using iCloud Photos and My Photo Stream together on a Mac, you will not be seeing a my Photo Stream album at all. The My Photo Stream photos will appear in "All Photos" instead. It is much safer to use only My Photo Stream or iCloud Photos, but not both together. My Photo Stream is very limited and cannot transfer videos or Life Photos or the HEIC Photos taken on modern iPhones and iPads. To be able to transfer all image and video formats, it will be less trouble to use only iCloud Photos on all your devices. Otherwise you will have to download the missing items manually from your iPad and risk to create duplicates.

See: About iCloud Photos and My Photo Stream - Apple Support

My Photo Stream is yesterday's snow. apple has not added support for the more modern image and video formats, and for man years Apple is now showing this caution in all My Photo Stream document: "If you recently created your Apple ID, My Photo Stream might not be available. Use iCloud Photos to keep your photos and videos in iCloud." Users with a new AppleID cannot even activate My Photo Stream any longer.

How can I get Photo Stream to work on my desktop Mac mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.