Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Linking 2 Displays to my MacBook Air 13'

My MacBook Air has only 2 USBc ports, and I have 2 monitors I need to connect to it. I need to use one of those ports for my charger, and when I attach one of the monitors via DisplayPort to USBc via the dock that I was given, the monitor does not connect. I've tried this with 2 different docks and neither is working. Any input or troubleshooting ideas? I've tried "Detect Displays" but this does not help.

Using DisplayPort to USBc for both. HDMI -> HDMI also does not work for the monitor when I put it into the dock.

Posted on Jun 24, 2021 11:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2021 11:24 AM

The current MacBook Airs do not support 2 displays. Only one display is supported via the USB-C connection.

https://www.apple.com/macbook-air/specs/

Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display at millions of colors and:

• One external display with up to 6K resolution at 60Hz

Thunderbolt 3 digital video output

• Native DisplayPort output over USB-C
  • VGA, HDMI, DVI, and Thunderbolt 2 output supported using adapters (sold separately)

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 24, 2021 11:24 AM in response to lukas_cartmell

The current MacBook Airs do not support 2 displays. Only one display is supported via the USB-C connection.

https://www.apple.com/macbook-air/specs/

Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display at millions of colors and:

• One external display with up to 6K resolution at 60Hz

Thunderbolt 3 digital video output

• Native DisplayPort output over USB-C
  • VGA, HDMI, DVI, and Thunderbolt 2 output supported using adapters (sold separately)

Linking 2 Displays to my MacBook Air 13'

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.