Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facetime issues

When I receive a video call (or video call someone), the screen appears black, they can't hear me and I can't hear them either. The same thing happens with audio calls - I can't hear them and they can't hear me. The only solution I have is to call the person again (or them calling me again) in order for the FaceTime call to function properly (although it doesn't always work - it works most of the time).

This is in spite of my Mac being updated to the latest OS (macOS Big Sur 11.4).

I would appreciate someone's help since this wastes a GREAT DEAL of my time and productivity.

Thanks

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jun 24, 2021 1:38 PM

3 replies

Jun 25, 2021 2:32 PM in response to diego_p10

Hi there diego_p10,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. It appears you have problems with FaceTime on your MacBook Air showing a black screen along with you not hearing each other. Since your system is fully updated and you noted it does happen with audio calls, have you also tested your camera using another app?

We'd like you to test using the Photo Booth app. See if the video goes black after a short time, or distorts in any way. You can initiate recording a short video to see if the audio cuts out as well.

Take a photo or record a video in Photo Booth on Mac

Let us know how it goes.

Warm regards.

Facetime issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.