Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Download macOS Mojave from Apple officially?

Respectful,

Recently I updated my Macintosh to macOS Big Sur, but I want to get back to the macOS Mojave, on which I used to work well, but I find it is no longer available on Apple Store! So how can I download it from Apple officially? Please let me know! Many thanks in advance!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jun 24, 2021 7:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2021 11:11 PM

macOS Mojave is still available through the App Store.

Open your Safari browser and click on this link,

How to get old versions of macOS – Apple Support Go to Download OS and click on macOS Mojave.

This will redirect you to the App Store Mojave download page,

it should say Get or Download.

If you are running macOS Big Sur you will probably find that you are not able to download

older versions of macOS's, another helpful move by Apple. So you will probably have to use

another mac to download Mojave and then create a bootable USB flash drive that you can

then use to erase Big Sur and install Mojave.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 24, 2021 11:11 PM in response to wenchangmobile

macOS Mojave is still available through the App Store.

Open your Safari browser and click on this link,

How to get old versions of macOS – Apple Support Go to Download OS and click on macOS Mojave.

This will redirect you to the App Store Mojave download page,

it should say Get or Download.

If you are running macOS Big Sur you will probably find that you are not able to download

older versions of macOS's, another helpful move by Apple. So you will probably have to use

another mac to download Mojave and then create a bootable USB flash drive that you can

then use to erase Big Sur and install Mojave.

Jun 24, 2021 8:04 PM in response to wenchangmobile

wenchangmobile Said:

"How to Download macOS Mojave from Apple officially?: Respectful, Recently I updated my Macintosh to macOS Big Sur, but I want to get back to the macOS Mojave, on which I used to work well, but I find it is no longer available on Apple Store! So how can I download it from Apple officially? Please let me know! Many thanks in advance!"

-------

Seems this all comes down to Backups:

Restore from a Backup:

Do you have a Time Machine Backup of your Mac that you created prior to upgrading to Big Sur? If so, restore from it. If not, then take this as a learning experience, knowing to always create a Time Machine backup of your Mac prior to making any major change to is (i.e. macOS upgrade), so that you can have something to restore your Mac from, should anything go wrong with the upgrade. Important: Be certain to create a backup, prior to any restoration, from here on out.

If you don’t Create One:

If you never created one, then you’d have to take this as a learning experience, and know to always create a backup.

What Else to Try:

If restoring from a back up not an option, them perform the following.

Three Steps:

1. Create a Backup.

Back up your Mac, prior to all of this. That way you can have something to restore you Mac from, should anything go wrong afterwards. All, you;d use this backup for step three shown below. Use this Link:

2. Install Mojave

Create and use a Mojave USB Installer. Go Here: How to Create a Bootable Installer for macOS - Apple Support

3. Import from Backup:

Use Migration Assistant to retrieve this data. Go Here: Restore Items Backed up with Time Machine on Mac - Apple Support

Jun 25, 2021 3:18 PM in response to Eau Rouge

Thank you for your reply very much, but I tired that links many times, it opened up a blank page with that link in Safari, and the Apple Store would never respond for it! I tried it on macOS Bir Sur and Mojave, that link would never get the Apple Store to download the Mojave! And there is no other macOS besides the Big Sur in Apple Store!

How to Download macOS Mojave from Apple officially?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.