Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2 Apple Store IDs for two regions using the same phone

I am in Japan but still need access to the USA region since some apps are not available in both regions. I have looked up this question on here and other platforms but couldn't find an answer. Again,

1. Is it possible to have two IDs on the same phone to access two regions? If so, how do I go about doing this?
  2. Is it also possible to keep one ID but have access to more than one region without cancelling the previous account?

Posted on Jun 25, 2021 4:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2021 6:27 AM

You can use 2 IDs on the same phone, but not at the same time. You have to sign out of the App Store/iTunes and then sign in with the other ID when you want to change regions. You may be required to have a credit card with a billing address in the country whose store you are trying to access.

If you keep only one ID, before changing the region, you must do the below. I think you can only change regions every 90 days. It also may require 2 different credit cards.

What to do before you change your country or region

Region - Change your iTunes Store, iBooks Store, or App Store country or region.     

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 25, 2021 6:27 AM in response to judokajudoka

You can use 2 IDs on the same phone, but not at the same time. You have to sign out of the App Store/iTunes and then sign in with the other ID when you want to change regions. You may be required to have a credit card with a billing address in the country whose store you are trying to access.

If you keep only one ID, before changing the region, you must do the below. I think you can only change regions every 90 days. It also may require 2 different credit cards.

What to do before you change your country or region

Region - Change your iTunes Store, iBooks Store, or App Store country or region.     

2 Apple Store IDs for two regions using the same phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.