Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why will my Macbook Air only use a static IP?

I have a 2020 Intel Air that will not allow itself to be assigned an IP by my router via DHCP; not only that but it's always the same static IP? I can set a different address manually which it will stick to, but won't get assigned various IPs over time (like is the case for say my iPhone) via DHCP?

Things I've tried:

• Forgetting my network and re-joining
  • Hard resetting my router and setting it up from scratch
  • Renewing DHCP lease

I've even tried going into my router settings and un-toggling the 'always use this IP address' option, but it won't allow my to move the toggle.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Posted on Jun 25, 2021 6:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2021 1:38 PM

According to UK Express Report Dated May 10, 2021 - there are many issues with this specific Router under discussion. Directly related to WIFI connections from certain devices. BT supposedly has confirmed the issue is with their Router. Just Google Search BT Smart Hub 2 and see the article.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 25, 2021 1:38 PM in response to Chargw_

According to UK Express Report Dated May 10, 2021 - there are many issues with this specific Router under discussion. Directly related to WIFI connections from certain devices. BT supposedly has confirmed the issue is with their Router. Just Google Search BT Smart Hub 2 and see the article.

Why will my Macbook Air only use a static IP?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.