Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad sound control, loud or off

2018 iPad Pro 11-inch. The volume control on this iPad has been doing a strange thing. While streaming radio to an external speaker for background music in my office, the volume is either too loud (you could hear it during a phone call), or off. Sliding from Off on the far left to the right, the slider moves about 10-15% of the way before it kicks on too loud. Slider in control panel the same. Button control on side the same.

This was happening earlier, but I would restart the iPad and the finesse of sound returned (sliding even 1-2% produced soft volume and incremental from there). But now restarting is not fixing. No finesse. Either off or too loud.

Any help appreciated.

Posted on Jun 25, 2021 8:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2021 10:26 AM

A little more experimenting answered my own question. It's the external device, not the iPad. Using internal speakers I have control. When streaming, the device has the issue the off/loud issue.

1 reply

iPad sound control, loud or off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.