Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Little pink dot on back facing camera

I don’t know why but it started just the other day. Whenever I go to take a photo on the camera app there is a little pink dot thingy in the bottom left corner and it also shows up in the photos. It doesn’t appear when I switch to video but there is still a very faint horizontal line at the same height as the dot. It’s not a light leak and if I zoom in or zoom out enough it goes away but on 1x it’s clearly visible. I’m also fully updated so I’m assuming I should just take my phone into the shop but I would like other opinions. I don’t know why the first two photos are flipped but it’s in the bottom left corner

Posted on Jun 26, 2021 9:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2021 11:05 AM

Hey there Nenekillua,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. Since your device is fully up to date, it is likely that what is happening is related to the hardware of your camera. We'd definitely suggest reaching out to Apple Support so the device can be looked at by a hardware technician. You can see your available support options using the link below.

Get Support

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 27, 2021 11:05 AM in response to Nenekillua

Hey there Nenekillua,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. Since your device is fully up to date, it is likely that what is happening is related to the hardware of your camera. We'd definitely suggest reaching out to Apple Support so the device can be looked at by a hardware technician. You can see your available support options using the link below.

Get Support

Take care.

Little pink dot on back facing camera

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.