Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri button sends me to Apple TV app

I have a Apple TV 4K and since a while back pressing or holding the Siri dictate button sends me directly to the search page of the Apple TV app. This happens i.e. when I'm in the YouTube app and most other apps.

I no longer can ask Siri to skip or rewind. I can not find a setting for this.

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 14

Posted on Jun 26, 2021 10:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2021 11:08 AM

Could it be you language setting for the device? Siri is available for select languages based on your region. Asking Siri to skip or rewind is not supported when the interface language is changed beyond the supported languages for your region. Then only dictation remains. For dictation, the active field has to be a text input field. In all other situations, the Siri button brings you to the Search app.

Use Siri on your Apple TV - Apple Support

Use Siri dictation on Apple TV - Apple Support

Enter text on Apple TV - Apple Support

Search on Apple TV - Apple Support

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 26, 2021 11:08 AM in response to JackFlash80

Could it be you language setting for the device? Siri is available for select languages based on your region. Asking Siri to skip or rewind is not supported when the interface language is changed beyond the supported languages for your region. Then only dictation remains. For dictation, the active field has to be a text input field. In all other situations, the Siri button brings you to the Search app.

Use Siri on your Apple TV - Apple Support

Use Siri dictation on Apple TV - Apple Support

Enter text on Apple TV - Apple Support

Search on Apple TV - Apple Support

Siri button sends me to Apple TV app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.