Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i purchased a ipad and it still has a persons information on it.. how do i restore to factory settings?

I purchased a i pad air 1 and it still has a persons information on it .. how do i set it to factory reset?

iPad Air Wi-Fi

Posted on Jun 26, 2021 9:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2021 12:29 PM

You have probably encountered Activation Lock, Apple's theft prevention feature. Without the Apple ID and Password of the original owner, you will never be able to use the device. If you can, return the iPad for your money back. If that is not possible, you can recycle the device at any Apple Store. Nest time, buy from Apple or an authorized dealer. Apple's online store sells refurbished iPads at reasonable prices.

The All Too Common SAD Reality of Buying … - Apple Community

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 26, 2021 12:29 PM in response to Rooster-64

You have probably encountered Activation Lock, Apple's theft prevention feature. Without the Apple ID and Password of the original owner, you will never be able to use the device. If you can, return the iPad for your money back. If that is not possible, you can recycle the device at any Apple Store. Nest time, buy from Apple or an authorized dealer. Apple's online store sells refurbished iPads at reasonable prices.

The All Too Common SAD Reality of Buying … - Apple Community

i purchased a ipad and it still has a persons information on it.. how do i restore to factory settings?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.