Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbers' File Ownership Data

Most of the file types I've ever worked with, I've been able to add all my information to confirm ownership of the files I work on...especially photos/images. It's probably so simple, but right now I can't seem to find anywhere that allows me to put information embedded in the file that confirms I am the owner.

Obviously my name shows in the "Preferences" pop-up for the entire Numbers software program, but since most people I've worked with use Excel, I want to make sure I can control the file in some way before I export each file to Excel format. Thoughts?

Posted on Jun 26, 2021 1:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2021 4:20 PM

In the mac OS X Finder you can add details to the file:

Right click (or hold option key, then click) to see contextual menu in Finder, then select "Get Info"

You would have to do this same operation AFTER you export from Numbers.

I'm not sure you will be able to "Control" a numbers (or excel) file once it leaves your computer.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 26, 2021 4:20 PM in response to Sullibury

In the mac OS X Finder you can add details to the file:

Right click (or hold option key, then click) to see contextual menu in Finder, then select "Get Info"

You would have to do this same operation AFTER you export from Numbers.

I'm not sure you will be able to "Control" a numbers (or excel) file once it leaves your computer.

Jun 28, 2021 12:42 PM in response to Wayne Contello

Yeah, I already use the "Get Info" module but that doesn't have anything referring to the owner, unless I put my name in the comments section. But that doesn't mean someone else can't delete mine and put theirs in. Hey! I don't have to like the answer, I just have to know what it is, and the answer is No, there is no function that locks ownership regardless on whether or note they have the ability to edit the file or not.

Thank you very much for such a quick response. Take care and have a great day!

Numbers' File Ownership Data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.