Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Caller ID function no longer exists

Settings>Phone>Show my Caller ID

This function DOES NOT EXIST on my brand new iphone 12 pro max currently.

It existed on my iphone SE.

It existed on my iphone 6plus

It existed on my iphone 12 pro max up until it last updated and now it doesn't. Same carrier in all instances (Verizon).

Any ideas?

Posted on Jun 26, 2021 5:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2021 5:27 PM

Caller ID is a carrier-provided service. If it isn’t working contact your carrier.

Similar questions

7 replies

Jun 27, 2021 12:34 PM in response to BrokenBender

You are correct.

I went to my carrier, they replaced my SIM with new, I now have caller ID. Success.

HOWEVER, the function to turn it on and off still does not exist on Settings>Phone>Show my Caller ID.

If I "search" for caller ID within the phone, the response is Phone-->Show My Caller ID-->Primary (and that's where the help stops because there is NO button on that screen). Surely someone else has this issue?

Jun 27, 2021 4:54 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

NOW, we are getting somewhere. That makes perfect sense.

The tech that helped me restore Caller ID (with the new SIM card) also had the same issue on his iPhone 12 (no button) and had no clue this too is a function of the carrier.

You only have Caller ID if the carrier enables it and you only have control (a button) if the carrier allows you to control it.

All is now right with my world. Thank you.

Caller ID function no longer exists

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.