Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

callerid not showing on phone

Hello all,

My iPhone 14 Pro Max doesn't show caller IDs for almost all callers. Even my wife's info is hidden - though not all the time, but mostly it's hidden though. This was also a problem on my last iPhone which was an 8.

I've been to our local Apple shop and they say it's a problem with my provider. And my provider says it's an Apple problem. If it helps, I'm using Optus in Australia.

I've been enduring this problem for about four years now and I hoped getting a new phone would cure it. But it hasn't. It'd be great to get this resolved, or at least to know, definitively, who I should talk to about this. So far neither side has given me a proper explnation of why this should fail.

Thanks in advance.

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Nov 6, 2022 3:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2022 3:42 PM

Caller ID comes from your carrier. If you are not receiving it, then it sounds like they are not sending it. If you are not getting the listing for someone in your contact list, your phone is not getting the Caller ID from the carrier to compare to your Contact list. Your carrier should know that by now. The Caller ID is one of their features.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 6, 2022 3:42 PM in response to myapplehelp1

Caller ID comes from your carrier. If you are not receiving it, then it sounds like they are not sending it. If you are not getting the listing for someone in your contact list, your phone is not getting the Caller ID from the carrier to compare to your Contact list. Your carrier should know that by now. The Caller ID is one of their features.

callerid not showing on phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.