Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why would AirPrint suddenly stop working?

Have AirPrint or HP made changes in the past month that cause print not to be recognized by AirPrint ??? I have used these printers (from my iPad Pro 10.5) for several months and now my iPad does not see either of my AirPrint (HP) printers.

Posted on Jun 27, 2021 10:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2021 10:31 AM

As described, your LAN infrastructure may have stopped forwarding Apple Bonjour traffic on you local network - or your WiFi Router or Network Switch may be blocking this device discovery protocol.

The Apple Bonjour protocol uses mDNS (Multicast DNS) UDP port 5353.

You may find that restart of your network components will resolve the problem. You’ll need to restart your network devices in the correct order. Assuming that you WiFi Router provides DNS services for your network, restart devices in this order - allowing time for devices to fully boot/restart prior to restarting other devices:

• WiFi Router
  • Upstream wired Network Switch(es)
  • WiFi Access Points / Network Extenders
  • Other fixed infrastructure devices - such as Printers
  • Client devices

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 27, 2021 10:31 AM in response to legcard

As described, your LAN infrastructure may have stopped forwarding Apple Bonjour traffic on you local network - or your WiFi Router or Network Switch may be blocking this device discovery protocol.

The Apple Bonjour protocol uses mDNS (Multicast DNS) UDP port 5353.

You may find that restart of your network components will resolve the problem. You’ll need to restart your network devices in the correct order. Assuming that you WiFi Router provides DNS services for your network, restart devices in this order - allowing time for devices to fully boot/restart prior to restarting other devices:

• WiFi Router
  • Upstream wired Network Switch(es)
  • WiFi Access Points / Network Extenders
  • Other fixed infrastructure devices - such as Printers
  • Client devices

Why would AirPrint suddenly stop working?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.