Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I have haptic notifications with no sound?

Want my Apple Watch to provide a strong haptic notification of any expected notifications, but do not want any sound.

Adjusting the "Alert Volume" slider adjusts not only the sound, but the strength of the haptic signal. When set to minimum, can hardly feel the haptic signal, but this is only way to silence sound and still get haptic signal. Prominent selected. Is there another way to get haptic only alerts without setting "Alert Volume" to minimum?

Also, any way to change the haptic signal such as provided for vibration settings on iPhone?

Posted on Jun 27, 2021 5:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2021 8:18 PM

The silent, do not disturb and theater modes are all kind of intended for that purpose, in slightly different flavours:

Change the audio and notification settings on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

and here another article too:

https://www.theverge.com/2019/10/24/20930506/how-to-apple-watch-do-not-disturb-iphone-quiet-mute-theater-mode

Presently there is no way to customize the haptic signal on the watch. You could suggest it as a future enhancement in here:

Feedback - Apple Watch - Apple

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 27, 2021 8:18 PM in response to bgeeoz

The silent, do not disturb and theater modes are all kind of intended for that purpose, in slightly different flavours:

Change the audio and notification settings on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

and here another article too:

https://www.theverge.com/2019/10/24/20930506/how-to-apple-watch-do-not-disturb-iphone-quiet-mute-theater-mode

Presently there is no way to customize the haptic signal on the watch. You could suggest it as a future enhancement in here:

Feedback - Apple Watch - Apple

Jun 28, 2021 9:04 PM in response to better_half

Took your advice on Silent mode, and also did the following to enhance the haptic signal and silence iPhone and Apple Watch:

Alert Volume on watch to max

Turn on Silent mode on watch and iPhone

Turn on Haptic Alert on watch

Set Haptics to Prominent.

Learned that Apple Watch only shows notifications when the iPhone cannot, such as when it is locked.

I also took your advice to put in a suggestion to add selection on the haptic signal through Feedback.

Thanks.

How can I have haptic notifications with no sound?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.