Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facing startup booting issue. Flashing folder with "?".

I am using MacBook Air 2015 (big sur), when I turn on its flashing folder with "?"... if I use sleep mode its not start normal, asking for restart.

I have repair Macintosh disc, erase, reinstall os but still facing same issues.

when its flashing"?" I use to cmd + R for disc utility to restart but its shows triangle error 1005f.

I have attached report as well

Process name corresponding to current thread: kernel_task

panic(cpu 2 caller 0xffffff8001dd4e77): "AppleAHCIDiskQueueManager::setPowerState(0xffffff93456af6c0 : 0xffffff8003c5f620, 0 -> 3) timed out after 101119 ms"@/System/Volumes/Data/SWE/macOS/BuildRoots/e90674e518/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/xnu/xnu-7195.121.3/iokit/Kernel/IOServicePM.cpp:5382

Backtrace (CPU 2), Frame : Return Address

Posted on Jun 27, 2021 5:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2021 5:25 PM

Corruption or hardware problem of some sort: If your Mac starts up to a question mark - Apple Support

Remove all externally-connected devices, and try again.

-1005F is usually a problem with the Wi-Fi network, or connecting to the Wi-Fi network. Try a different Wi-Fi, and (if this is your Wi-Fi) try restarting the router.

If Recovery is not booting, try Option-Command-R, and see if that boots.

Failing that, use another Mac, and create a bootable installer, and try to boot that.

Also see if Diagnostics shows any errors.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 27, 2021 5:25 PM in response to ishan280

Corruption or hardware problem of some sort: If your Mac starts up to a question mark - Apple Support

Remove all externally-connected devices, and try again.

-1005F is usually a problem with the Wi-Fi network, or connecting to the Wi-Fi network. Try a different Wi-Fi, and (if this is your Wi-Fi) try restarting the router.

If Recovery is not booting, try Option-Command-R, and see if that boots.

Failing that, use another Mac, and create a bootable installer, and try to boot that.

Also see if Diagnostics shows any errors.

Facing startup booting issue. Flashing folder with "?".

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.