Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Rotation Lock problem

No side switch on this ipad pro. I've unlocked the Rotation Lock button and no matter what app I'm in, the screen is stuck on vertical. Now what? It is actually an Ipad Pro 12.9-inch, 4th generation but this site doesn't include that model on their list of choices.

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 3rd Gen, Wi-Fi, Cell

Posted on Jun 27, 2021 8:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2021 9:43 AM

To enable or disable Screen Rotation, you need to access the Control Centre. Swipe downwards from the top-right corner of the screen - then tap the Screen Rotation lock icon:

If screen rotation proves to be problem with some Apps - and not others - you need to be aware that not all Apps are coded to operate in both Portrait and Landscape screen modes. Apps that have a fixed screen orientation will always appear in the orientation determined by the App Developer.

I hope this information and insight proves to be helpful.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 28, 2021 9:43 AM in response to lileduk8r

To enable or disable Screen Rotation, you need to access the Control Centre. Swipe downwards from the top-right corner of the screen - then tap the Screen Rotation lock icon:

If screen rotation proves to be problem with some Apps - and not others - you need to be aware that not all Apps are coded to operate in both Portrait and Landscape screen modes. Apps that have a fixed screen orientation will always appear in the orientation determined by the App Developer.

I hope this information and insight proves to be helpful.

Jun 27, 2021 8:35 PM in response to lileduk8r

lileduk8r Said:

"Rotation Lock problem: No side switch on this ipad pro. I've unlocked the Rotation Lock button and no matter what app I'm in, the screen is stuck on vertical. Now what? It is actually an Ipad Pro 12.9-inch, 4th generation but this site doesn't include that model on their list of choices."

-------

Refer to the link provided atop this post.

Jun 27, 2021 9:44 PM in response to lileduk8r

lileduk8r Said:

"Rotation Lock problem: This was the original reference that I used and no, it didn't solve the problem."

-------

Thanks for the update.

Googling this:

Lots comes up with these Google search queues. Some posts are old, but they might do the trick. Try adding other info into the Google search queue (i.e. your iPad model and iOS version) to get an even more restricted number of search results.

Rotation Lock problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.