Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I keep trying to lock the rotation on my new iPad Air and it still won’t lock. Driving me nuts to have to keep rotating the machine to view it.

I can’t stop my new iPad Air from rotating. Each app seems to have it’s own mind made up as to whether it’s vertical or horizontal. I’ve tried locking it, still does its own thing. Crazy!!!!

iPad, iOS 10

Posted on Sep 8, 2021 6:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2021 2:15 PM

Some Apps are designed specifically for iPhone and its portrait display. Unless Apps are explicitly coded for iPad - and are coded to work in both portrait and landscape - they will display in portrait mode. iPadOS cannot, currently, override the App coding.

5 replies

I keep trying to lock the rotation on my new iPad Air and it still won’t lock. Driving me nuts to have to keep rotating the machine to view it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.