Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Nickel Allergy Protection for Apple Watch?

Is there any way that I could get allergy protection from the nickel on the Apple Watch's magnet pressing against my skin? I tend to sweat a lot, and sweating with it on gives me a rash from contact dermatitis in the area I wear the watch.

Posted on Jun 28, 2021 7:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2021 11:05 PM

Jeez! I only came hear because I wanted to hear from the community about their experiences. I wasn’t expecting to get asked to contact Apple Support, in which I already have regarding this matter. I asked for a nickel-free version of Apple Watch, and they didn’t have one available. What makes you think someone at Apple Support is gonna give me a recommendation on what I can use to put a physical barrier between the magnet and my skin that won’t interfere with the watch’s functionality?

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 29, 2021 11:05 PM in response to MarieC33

Jeez! I only came hear because I wanted to hear from the community about their experiences. I wasn’t expecting to get asked to contact Apple Support, in which I already have regarding this matter. I asked for a nickel-free version of Apple Watch, and they didn’t have one available. What makes you think someone at Apple Support is gonna give me a recommendation on what I can use to put a physical barrier between the magnet and my skin that won’t interfere with the watch’s functionality?

Jun 28, 2021 8:01 AM in response to TheHadouJHyrule

Here is the materials information from Apple:

Important safety information for Apple Watch - Apple Support

From that: Apple Watch models with a stainless steel or aluminum case, the stainless steel portions of some Apple Watch bands, the metallic portions of Hermès bands, and the magnets in the watch and bands contain some nickel. Nickel exposure from these materials is unlikely, but customers with known nickel allergies should be attentive when wearing them until they can determine they are not experiencing an allergic reaction.

As for allergies and dermatitis, best check for recommendations from your preferred medical provider.

Nickel Allergy Protection for Apple Watch?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.