Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID Issue

My apple ID has been somehow messed up due to an issue when changing my Apple ID. My iMessage on iPhone is completely fine, and connected to the right iMessage with the contacts, though all my other devices are signed into my ID but use my brothers iMessage (we had shared Apple ID). Can anyone help me with this? If not I will go to Genius Bar.

Posted on Jun 28, 2021 7:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2021 8:36 PM

See the article What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support

After you update your Apple ID, your friends will receive new messages from your updated Apple ID. Old messages aren't removed.

iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Go to Settings > Messages, then tap Send & Receive.

• If you're signed out on your iPhone or iPod touch, tap "Use your Apple ID for iMessage" then enter your updated Apple ID and password. On your iPad, just enter your updated Apple ID or password.
  • If you're signed in with your previous Apple ID, tap your Apple ID, then tap Sign Out. On your iPhone or iPod touch, tap "Use your Apple ID for iMessage" and enter your updated Apple ID or password. On your iPad, just enter your updated Apple ID and password.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 28, 2021 8:36 PM in response to TheAppleDoge

See the article What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support

After you update your Apple ID, your friends will receive new messages from your updated Apple ID. Old messages aren't removed.

iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Go to Settings > Messages, then tap Send & Receive.

• If you're signed out on your iPhone or iPod touch, tap "Use your Apple ID for iMessage" then enter your updated Apple ID and password. On your iPad, just enter your updated Apple ID or password.
  • If you're signed in with your previous Apple ID, tap your Apple ID, then tap Sign Out. On your iPhone or iPod touch, tap "Use your Apple ID for iMessage" and enter your updated Apple ID or password. On your iPad, just enter your updated Apple ID and password.

Jun 28, 2021 8:43 PM in response to TheAppleDoge

TheAppleDoge Said:

"Apple ID Issue: [...]use my brothers iMessage (we had shared Apple ID).[...]"

-------

Assign to Only your Apple ID:

Just curious: Was this sold, handed over, or traded to you by your brother? If so, with his permission, have him log out of iCloud on it, and then use this site: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Apple ID Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.