You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic mouse lagging

Hello all, I got this mouse with a bundle of old Mac parts. The customer said it did not work right. Later on I replaced the batteries and tested the mouse. It did not perform well at all.

I jumped on the Net and quickly learned a lot of folks have issues with this mouse. I tried all the methods of repair mentioned by the many Mac gurus who took the time to comment in the forums. Thank you!

That said, I was ready to throw it in the trash.

I noticed that changing the pressure exerted on the mouse affected it's operation. This lead me to think that the size of the hole at the optics or the distance to the mouse pad was the cause of the problem. I removed both black plastic slides from the bottom of the mouse and retested.

The mouse now works perfectly!! I tested it on my 2012 MacBook Pro running Catalina and my 2020 M1 running Big Sur.

I know this is an unconventional repair and will make engineers cringe, but who cares, it worked!

Cheers!

Posted on Jun 29, 2021 8:21 AM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Magic mouse lagging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.