Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic Mouse Sluggish

Hi.

Sometimes the Magic Mouse gets sluggish and while it is at it, it doesn't respond in a straight manner, meaning if I move it laterally the pointer moves diagonally - in a very sluggish way.

I have turned it off and back on, turned off my bluetooth and back on, disconnected and reconnected it, and I have increased the responsiveness of the mouse in system preferences. The only thing I have not done is flush it in the toilet; its battery is at 90% level, so it cannot be the battery.

Is there anything else that I need to do? Maybe restart my computer?

God only knows how much I hate this mouse. The only reason I am using it is because I haven't gotten around to getting another bluetooth one, and I would much rather use those USB devices rather than Bluetooth.

Thanks for any ideas.

Posted on Jun 27, 2022 3:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2022 5:36 PM

My original message cannot be edited, so, I am updating my issue:

For some reason, even when bluetooth showed the mouse as connected, the "setup bluetooth mouse" in system preferences was showing no bluetooth mouse around to connect to. Eventually after a bunch of randomly turning one thing off and something else back on, and restarting my computer, then getting my computer to forget the mouse it was connected to, the "setup bluetooth mouse" eventually saw my mouse and connected to it, and the magic mouse is no longer sleepwalking.

The USB C corded mouse I ordered off Amazon should be here tomorrow, and I hope to turn this magic mouse into a door stop.

Farzad

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 27, 2022 5:36 PM in response to Farzad_K

My original message cannot be edited, so, I am updating my issue:

For some reason, even when bluetooth showed the mouse as connected, the "setup bluetooth mouse" in system preferences was showing no bluetooth mouse around to connect to. Eventually after a bunch of randomly turning one thing off and something else back on, and restarting my computer, then getting my computer to forget the mouse it was connected to, the "setup bluetooth mouse" eventually saw my mouse and connected to it, and the magic mouse is no longer sleepwalking.

The USB C corded mouse I ordered off Amazon should be here tomorrow, and I hope to turn this magic mouse into a door stop.

Farzad

Magic Mouse Sluggish

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.