Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding more 'display profiles' to Macbook Pro

I've recently replaced my MacBook Pro for a newer model (2018). Side-by-side the vividness of the two displays are very different. My old MBP is using 'Apple RGB' while the replacement has 'Colour LCD' selected. I tried changing my new MBP to 'Apple RGB' but it only has one profile (Colour LCD) to choose. FYI my old laptop has 27 profiles. Where do I find the additional profiles in particular 'Apple RGB' and how do I add them to the new MBP? Help - Thanks!

Posted on Jun 30, 2021 6:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2021 8:55 AM

Hi nobodylikechange,

It looks like you're wondering about display profiles. If that's correct, check out this resource.

Change your Mac display’s color profile

Not all profiles may be compatible with your display.

Cheers.

2 replies

Jul 4, 2021 9:37 AM in response to nobodylikechange

I've found the answer! It was under the colour tab and appeared once I unselected the tick box marked 'Show profiles for this display only'. Ticked it had just one option but unticked I got more options? It appears the profile I want is not for my laptops onboard display? Anyhow the option I chose has more contrast and for me I prefer the saturated colours.

Adding more 'display profiles' to Macbook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.