Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbookpro5,3 bluetooth disappeared after trying to pair to AirPod Pros

In the process of trying to debug the crackling issue I am having with my AirPod Pros(A2084 firmware 3e751) with customer support they asked if I was having the same issue in all apps or with other devices. Normally the AirPods are connected to my iPhone 12 pro (iOS 14.6m firmware 1.71.01) so I tried connecting the AirPods to my MBP5,3 (mid 2009 15" 8gb ram) running 10.11.6. The AirPods appeared and I started the pairing process then I got a spinning beach ball, the system locked up, and I did a hard restart (hold the power button), when the MBP came back up the bluetooth icon in the menu bar is gray with a darker wavy line through it.

So I check the System Report and it says No Information Found in Bluetooth.

For full disclosure: the SSD is dual boot 10.11.6 and 10.14.3, neither OS finds the Bluetooth anymore.

Any suggestions would be helpful. I love my MBP.

Thank you in advance!

Stay cool and safe

edited because I forgot to add:

The issue is with noise cancelling on the left AirPod crackles whenever I speak or someone close to me is speaking. Not that I believe the AirPod issue is what's disappeared the Bluetooth from my MBP but just so no one has to ask.

Thanks again

Posted on Jun 30, 2021 6:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2021 5:48 AM

Weird thing but I found the answer. Reset the SMC. Found the solution here:

https://www.igeeksblog.com/fix-bluetooth-not-available-error-mac/

TLDR: reset the SMC from shutdown hold SHIFT+CONTROL+OPTION at the same time. Use the keys on the LEFT side of the built-in keyboard.

Thanks

Similar questions

1 reply

macbookpro5,3 bluetooth disappeared after trying to pair to AirPod Pros

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.