Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbering document pages in Pages for iPad

I have a working document in pages and need to start my page numbering on page 8 of my document with the page number 1. I have found information about splitting my document into sections and starting the page number at 1 on the correct page, which I have been able to do. But then the previous 7 pages are still numbered one to 7 and I need them to not have any numbers at all. If I delete them, it deletes every page number from my document, even in the later section. Can anyone advise where I am going wrong? Thanks in advance.

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jun 30, 2021 8:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2021 4:22 AM

In the second section, the one where you still want the page numbers, tap the three dots icon > Document Setup > Section and turn off the 'Match Previous Section' switch.

After that, when you delete the page numbers from the first section, the second section will still have page numbers.

SG

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2021 4:22 AM in response to R-L-Stokes

In the second section, the one where you still want the page numbers, tap the three dots icon > Document Setup > Section and turn off the 'Match Previous Section' switch.

After that, when you delete the page numbers from the first section, the second section will still have page numbers.

SG

Numbering document pages in Pages for iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.