Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen Dimming even when locked

Hi,

I've been having trouble with my iPad's screen brightness. The screen keeps constantly dimming, however I have the display brightness locked, so (to my understanding) it shouldn't dim. This happens even when my iPad is fully charged, or even still plugged in, and the amount of apps I have open seems to make no difference either.

I use my iPad daily for digital art, and this issue is really troublesome. I need the screen to be consistently at its brightest setting. At the moment, I have to lock my iPad and wait for an hour or so to use it again with the brightness at full, but this only lasts a certain amount of time and then it will start dimming again.

Any advice on how to fix this would be really appreciated. Thanks!

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jun 30, 2021 11:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2021 11:54 AM

Generally, that's a protection about overheating.

Be careful, and read this support article:--> Keeping iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch within acceptable operating temperatures - Apple Support

To feel more comfortable, make an appointment and have your iPad inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector

After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2021 11:54 AM in response to ejpluto

Generally, that's a protection about overheating.

Be careful, and read this support article:--> Keeping iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch within acceptable operating temperatures - Apple Support

To feel more comfortable, make an appointment and have your iPad inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector

After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

Screen Dimming even when locked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.