Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac auto login - window is grayed out.

Setting up auto login. Auto login options are grayed out, cannot choose.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jun 30, 2021 11:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2021 1:19 PM

ok. then you can try starting your mac into safe mode. please see this article: Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support.

if the issue does not occur in safe mode, run the system that way for about 10 minutes. then restart normally and see if the issue is resolved.

if it's not, i'm thinking you should download and run the free version of EtreCheck so we can see if you have some software installed that is causing your issue. make sure you give "full disk access" to etrecheck. read how to use it by reading Using EtreCheck. if you need help interpreting the report, you can see how to post the report here by reading How to use the Add Text Feature When Posting Large Amounts of Text, i.e. an Etrecheck Report. and it automatically obscures sensitive things (like serial numbers) so you don't have to worry about sharing the report here.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2021 1:19 PM in response to Frustrate39

ok. then you can try starting your mac into safe mode. please see this article: Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support.

if the issue does not occur in safe mode, run the system that way for about 10 minutes. then restart normally and see if the issue is resolved.

if it's not, i'm thinking you should download and run the free version of EtreCheck so we can see if you have some software installed that is causing your issue. make sure you give "full disk access" to etrecheck. read how to use it by reading Using EtreCheck. if you need help interpreting the report, you can see how to post the report here by reading How to use the Add Text Feature When Posting Large Amounts of Text, i.e. an Etrecheck Report. and it automatically obscures sensitive things (like serial numbers) so you don't have to worry about sharing the report here.

Mac auto login - window is grayed out.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.